Thursday 10 March 2011

Task 2 GF Smith Research


GF Smith are a well established company amongst any print or graphics based businesses. Based in Hull they were established by Mr George Frederick Smith. They pride themselves on producing high quality paper with a huge range of colors and sizes. 


I started my research by writing to GF Smith and asking for some samples to give me an idea of the range of papers they have and if some how I could incorporate these into my designs. 

In response to task 2 I wanted in some way to see how i could develop my task 1 piece into my Task 2 design. Therefore, I wanted to use the circle form and develop it into Task 2. 

I noticed that the lines produced on the edge of my Task 1 piece could form the outline of words or numbers such as 100. 


This led me to thinking of ways to emphasize the number 100 as part of the 100 years as part of my form to lead into the poster design.


I found that the problem with this design was that from certain angles it wouldn't be clear what the form was portraying.

The design I decided on was one which connected the circles to form the 100 shape. Rather than having the circles handing off something like a piece of string as in my Task 1 piece they were directly connecting with glue.







No comments:

Post a Comment